Friday 3 August 2012

Sick Feeling.......

Ok so,

Finally here we are, with one week left until take off. This time next week we are 35,000ft up and cruising.

So what's left to do but pack and go through everything page by page securing documents and finalising what to take and what not to take....painful.

Securing a backpack is a nightmare let me tell you after having so many attempts at covering, locking, mesh netting FINALLY much to many people's relief I have given up and decided to forgo the extras and attempt to lock using a padlock and cable ties. I just hope my bag comes out at the other end, this is the dream.

Shoes......ah yes another nightmare to deal with, no heels (no brainer for me), and no walking shoes (this was a struggle), I'm not that keen on looking like a typical tourist everyday and they took up a huge amount of space, for practicalities sake they would have come out on top however I know I really won't need them as much as I'd like and so the converse won :) highly comfortable, match absolutely everything and less bulk.

I know that people tell you to halve your clothing but I don't think I can, I have a compression sac from Kathmandu which I got on a good sale, only buy it if it's on sale people.
Also a couple of travel space bags for the cold weather gear later on.

As of right now the feeling is....a sick feeling as in spending 8 hours at work everyday is driving me around the bend and I just feel like I need to be at home with my family and my friends. This trip has pretty much been on the back burner since year 11 at school 2006 ..... wow..... thinking about it all this time...over and over wondering when the hell am i going to be able to even consider doing this. Then I met probably the two most amazing girls who just happen to be twins (VERY different twins), who share the dream that I had almost identically.
This trip for me isn't just going on a holiday relaxing and enjoying time off....this journey even though a somewhat small one is something that I have been dreaming about for years fuelled by the words of Ewan and Charley I already feel very consumed by it, I wake up everyday thinking about it and it's the last thing I think about before I go to sleep, I'm constantly talking about it, researching it and preparing for it.

On the other hand leaving my family, my partner even my pets is hard to think about right now....there's a sick feeling in my stomach and I just can't shake it. I think constantly contemplating what to pack is definately helping it focuses my brain else where.
I feel as though this journey is something I have to do...on my own (sort of) but not having someone there as your partner, your second brain, your other half is something I'm not used to and so this is a huge step for me though some may not see it that way. I definately feel as though this blog will show a different side of myself probably because it's so easy to express things when your typing.
I want to share it with people and I want to make sure that the places we visit are brought to light in every aspect .
Like only now that the olympics are on are people interested in the fact that we are visiting Kazakhstan and that does somewhat irritate me I guess for some reason. I feel like I have gotten to know what Kazakhstan is about through reading countless blogs, forums, books articles and so on.

Not long until I get to share my own experiences as well.

until next post......


No comments:

Post a Comment